… we’re getting very close to installation day for our new kitchen countertops (!!!) and in the meantime, I thought I’d give you a better idea of just what state our kitchen is in. Where to start?
First and foremost, we still have to paint EVERYTHING – walls, ceiling, window frames, etc.. So yes, those patches of drywall are not here to stay. In case you didn’t notice, the ceiling is in dire shape, no thanks to this incident. :\
But here’s a quick rundown of what still needs to be done:
- Install a countertop on the base of the window cutout of the half wall (where the bananas currently sit.) It will serve as a bar of sorts.
- Replace the light fixture over the table.
- Install backsplash. We’re still not sure what look we like best, but we’re thinking subway tiles. Thoughts?
- Finish framing (and painting) the window above the sink. We’re waiting for the countertops to be installed before that can be completed.
- Install a new sink and faucet. Both will be done at the same time as the countertop installation.
As a reminder, here’s what we’ve done so far:
- Painted the kitchen cabinets.
- Replaced the fluorescent light fixture with recess lighting.
- Framed the window cutout in the half wall for a bar. (Sadly, I have no pictures of this. It’s been like that for a while!)
- Replaced the appliances.
- Installed new bamboo floors. (Again, no photo evidence. It pre-dates this little blog!)
Oh and for fun, we (mainly Jeff 😉 ) made:
I’m sensing a theme…
I think that’s it … for now. Am I missing anything?
Can’t wait to show off our new countertops, sink and faucet soon!