DC Cherry Blossoms 2016 7 resized… like year’s past, they’re still pretty as ever. (Photos from 2013 and 2014. As for last year, apparently I wasn’t on my A-game.)

Not only was last Saturday peak bloom for the Cherry Blossoms, but the weather was gorgeous!

After I convinced myself that braving the crowds would be totally worth it (thankfully this year I had a family friend in town to entice me to go), I was almost immediately reminded that the view is something else – a view I definitely take for granted more than I should.

Here’s a few photos from the day …DC Cherry Blossoms 2016 6 resized DC Cherry Blossoms 2016 5 resized DC Cherry Blossoms 2016 2 Resized DC Cherry Blossoms 2016 4 resized DC Cherry Blossoms 2016 1 resized DC Cherry Blossoms 2016 3 resizedAll the photos were taken with my iPhone 6s and edited with A Color Story.

11 Comments

11 Comments on The Cherry Blossoms This Year…

1. Francesca
    March 30, 2016 at 8:07 am (2 years ago)

Your photos are incredibly beautiful! Love the Cherry blossoms ♥

2. Leslie Soto
    March 30, 2016 at 12:59 pm (2 years ago)

Cherry Blossoms are my favorite trees ever. My son says he’s getting me one every year for Mother’s Day & i’m okay with that. 😉 Your pictures are gorgeous. I’d love to be there and see that view!

• Anamarie @ Less Than Average Height
      March 30, 2016 at 1:15 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you Leslie! Definitely worth the trip if you can get here at peak bloom! I hope you get that tree for Mother’s Day. 🙂

3. Hope
    March 30, 2016 at 1:00 pm (2 years ago)

Wow… gorgeous photos!! Im heading to DC in just over 2 weeks and I am so bummed I missed this!!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Anamarie @ Less Than Average Height
      March 30, 2016 at 1:13 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you! The peak bloom season is so short, it feels almost impossible to plan around it, especially if you live out of town!

4. Christy
    March 30, 2016 at 1:48 pm (2 years ago)

Love the photos! These would be great for a computer wallpaper!

5. Allison Arnone
    March 31, 2016 at 9:37 am (2 years ago)

these photos are so beautiful – i am OBSESSED with cherry blossoms and would love to visit DC one year to see them (I was there in February but obviously that was too early). we have them sprout up here in NYC in several parks and i absolutely love them.

6. Hayley
    April 6, 2016 at 6:22 am (2 years ago)

Gorgeous photos! I have never seen blossom like this, it’s just so beautiful!